Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Webinar: Teaching Math and Science with Literature


UPDATE: All Homeschool Connections webinars are now free.

Save the date: April 1, 2009

I'm presenting an online talk on teaching math and science through real books at Homeschool Connections. I'd love to hear any suggestions or ideas from Unity of Truth readers. What would you like to hear in such a talk? I really love promoting real books in our homeschools. And the idea of teaching math with literature is really very foreign to most people.

I've given a similar talk several times before, but that talk encompassed all school subjects. What I'm doing for Homeschool Connections is break down that talk into three talks and expanding on each school subject. One in Feb. on history, one in Mar. on art and music, and one in Apr. on math and science.

I'll also talk about incorporating religion and faith into these subjects, how to efficiently use your library, building literature unit studies, how to bring joy into your homeschool studies and more.

If you're not familiar with webinars -- it's a really neat way to reach homeschoolers via the Internet. Especially those who may have a hard time getting to a conference or finding local suport or just needs something to beat the February Blahs. In fact, as a side note, Homeschool Connections is hosting free chats once a month -- Mom's Night Out While In -- starting Feb. 19th.

If you're interested in learning more, visit the website. There you can sign up for the free chats or future webinars. You can also download past webinars (click on: Recorded Sessions).

There is a fee for some of the events but you'll get more than your money's worth from these events. They're informative, motivating, and a plus to your homeschool.

The webinars are limited to 30 participants to keep it intimate. As I give the talk (you'll be able to see me via a webcam and I have a Power Point presentation you'll see too), you'll be able to participate in the chat room -- either sending questions or comments to me or to the rest of the audience. It's really all very fun -- I suggest giving it a try once or download the free webinar I did on Classroom Organization 101.

I look forward to hearing your ideas and suggestions!

No comments: